Monday, May 08, 2006
It's Monday! And our concerted effort to crack on with the 100 Actual Worst Records... Ever last week was a resounding success, was it not? We'll do more this week, promise, if only because the effort required to update the list to take account of all the crap that's been released this year - Hello Chico! - is slightly more than is needed to write up the 90 odd tracks we still need to do. But before we begin that massive task, let's look at what we learnt from this week's Top of the Pops:-
- No Fearne this week. :( Her replacement, Trevor Nelson, doesn't look nearly so fetching in brightly coloured tights. We'd imagine.
- Keane have spent the time since their last album writing some new songs and almost falling out. They certainly haven't been spending it shopping for new clothes, getting decent haircuts or having dancing lessons.
- Singer blokey may have found some time to spend with chips, however.
- We've heard Matt Willis's Up All Night a few times now, and we still can't work out if it's good or not. Can someone decide for us? Cheers.
- RETRO: Bruce Springsteen doing Dancing in the Dark. Bruce, who wrote Blue Toothbrush, Pink Toothbrush of course, pulls Courtney Cox out from the audience to dance with him in this video. Given her not exactly natural moves it would have been better for the pair of them if the lights had gone out for their performance.
- Born to Run is ace, mind.
- The girl from Infernal, performing the incredibly ace From Paris to Berlin, was dressed much in the manner of an erotic ice cream girl - Miss Whippy, perhaps? Nice cornetto's, etc.
- Despite SOS being rather fab, Rihanna performed it with all the joy and enthusiasm of a teenage girl being forced to perform a party piece she's long since grown out of for the benefit of her grandparents at Christmas time.
- We doubt her grandparents would have appreciated those shorts, however.
- A version of Keane's Bedshaped in Italian was sung by Vittorio, a one man Il Divo. Those of you who, like Hilary Duff, can do the maths will know that this means he must be 25% as good as Il Divo, a number which is as near to zero as makes no odds.
- Feeder have been going for ten years. Grant Nicholls has had the same haircut for 8 of them.
- Daz Sampson's Teenage Life is ace, is it not? Though we do wonder at exactly what point he decided that having 4 girls dressed in a short skirted school uniform dancing behind him wouldn't make him look like a bit of a perv.
- Orson are still fucking shit.
- And Gnarls Barkley are still number one. Don't you people know how to use limewire?