Wednesday, June 21, 2006
Muse have a new single out this week. Its called Supermassive Black Hole and, if we're any judge - which, given the amount of songs that we've tipped for greatness that have failed to make any impact whatsoever, we're probably not - it has supermassive pop hit written all over it. To celebrate this somewhat surprising turn of events, here are ten entirely true and in no way made up facts about Matt Bellamy and his band of funsters:-
- Matt's unique singing style comes a result of him making his own underpants out of razorblades, broken glass and scissors.
- Debut single Uno was all about the band's love for the rubbish card game.
- The term 'Supermassive' does not appear in any scientific textbook. 'Bootylicious', however, does.
- The original Muscle Museum is in Dorset. It features wax models of people like Jean Claude van Damme, Arnold Scwharzenegger, Hulk Hogan, The Dad From My Parents Are Aliens, etc. Due to the nature of some of the exhibits it is open to over 18's only.
- Plug In Baby could recently be heard on adverts for Haze Plug Ins, but only for the Forest Pine scent.
- Famously, Queen Victoria was never really into the band. "We are not a Muse fan", she was often heard to announce.
- In a Pop Idol style publicity stunt, anyone wishing to purchase previous album Absolution literally had to Sing for Absolution at the check-out desk.
- Matt Bellamy is a world famous naturalist, whose bushy beard and slight speech impediment made him a fondly remembered figure of fun all over the world.
- He's not to be confused with his Dad, David, who's a world famous naturist.
- The album simply can't be as good as the single, can it?