Wednesday, April 11, 2007
Pink has a new single coming out soon - no, you probably don't need us to tell you what it sounds like, you can probably guess - and she's also about to release a DVD called U + Ur Hand which features, from Wembley, live versions of all your favourite Pink tracks. And Trouble's probably on there as well. To celebrate, here are ten entirely true and in no way made up facts about the world's favourite pseudo lesbian:-
- Don't Let Me Get ME was written about her all consuming fear of catching the so called 'Yuppie flu'.
- Shirley Bassey's cover of Get The Party Started is the first time an A-List diva has covered a song proclaiming the virtues of mind bending blood boiling rave drug Ecstasy. Apart from Vera Lynn's cover of The Shamen's Ebeneezer Goode, of course.
- Pink's name comes from the person whose personality most matches her own; a sort of washed out Red from The Fraggles.
- It's still the most feminine thing about her, mind.
- Shakin' Stevens once covered Trouble for the rubbish ITV reality show, Hit Me Baby One More Time. Amazingly, he managed to make it sound better than the original.
- Actually, given the poor quality of the original, that's really not that amazing after all, is it?
- God is a DJ declared Pink in her number 11 hit of the same name. If this is the case then why are so many city centre nightclubs the exact definition of hell?
- Feel Good Time was the lead song from the Charlies Angels 2 soundtrack. Being chosen to write the theme song for such an epoch defining movie is an honour akin to being asked to do the theme to Porky's 2: The Next Day.
- She's worth 6 points in a game of snooker.
- Pink Sunshine by We've Got a Fuzzbox and We're Gonna Use It is the best Pink song.