Wednesday, November 23, 2005
Will Young's new album is out this week. We've not actually got our copy of it yet, but based on little more than expectations, we imagine that it will be rather good indeed. To celebrate here are ten entirely true and in no way made up facts about the nation's favourite Pop Idol:-
- Before winning Pop Idol, Will earned a living by lying on his back in Covent Garden and allowing his chin to be used as a unique form of sundial.
- Will is so posh that he only ever buys food from the Marks and Spencers Food Hall and only ever drinks Champagne or Champagne like substances (Pomagne, Appeltize, etc).
- Your Game was inspired by childhood misery caused by constantly losing at Ker-Plunk.
- Will has released a book containing a selection of Polaroid pictures he's taken since his career took off. Pop Idol rival Gareth Gates lives in daily fear of Jordan doing something similar.
- Will once saved a man from suffocating by grabbing him firmly by the lapels, giving him a shake and saying "Look! I think you'd better breathe right now!"
- His twin brother is called Rupert. Despite this, Will is the gay one.
- Neil Young is Will's dad.
- Will was the first person to notice some potentially homoerotic undercurrents to the defiantly heterosexual movie, Top Gun.
- Will is currently appearing in a movie alongside Dame Judi Dench. This fact is currently appearing in the latest edition of the Oxford English Dictionary as part of the definition for the word 'inevitable'.
- Evergreen really was rubbish, wasn't it?