<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Talent in a Previous Life

Because It's Never Just About the Music

Tuesday, October 11, 2005

She's Electric 

Hi! I'm Lisa Scott-Lee. You might remember me for such pop classics as Lately or Too Far Gone, or perhaps you remember me from the days where I managed 3SL to the dizzying heights of the top 20 before they were unceremoniously dropped. No, maybe, then, you even remember me from the audience of Pop Idol, where I could be seen each week cheering on my brother Andy having, as I did, nothing better to do on a Saturday night. Until he got booted out of the competition, that is. Still nothing? How about Steps? You must remember me from Steps. Those were good days, we sold records and people liked me and everything. How I wish those days could be back again.

Anyway, I'm back with a new single! It's called Electric and, despite the prejudices you may hold against the whole concept of a Lisa Scott-Lee single, it's actually really, really good! I know! I couldn't believe it either! Unfortunately, depsite me having pulled my finger out for once in my pop career, it's currently languishing in the lower reaches of the midweeks, so if you don't all rush out and buy it I'll have to fulfill my promise to give up on my pop career should this fail to make the top ten and try and find a new job, and you really don't want that. I'd be rubbish at making change! It really would be a... (wait for it!) Tragedy! Ha ha ha ha ha!

I have to laugh or I'd cry.

Happy thoughts, happy thoughts, happy thoughts. That's better! Now, in a bid not only to try and boost sales of my single, but also to keep my mind distracted from the painful thoughts of failure, I've agreed to give you a quick guide to electricity! Isn't that nice of me? It is, isn't it? Please like me. Please. I get so very lonely.

Lisa Scott-Lee's Guide to ElectricityAnd that's where Lisa's missive abruptly ended. To promote the single she's doing a series of PA's in clubs around the country but, if you miss them, don't worry! As she'll also be making regular public appearances in her local branch of Tesco's between 7AM and 4PM. Unless she switches shifts with Julie, that is.