Thursday, June 14, 2007
Live Earth. Al Gore. Global Warming. Not tremendously well thought out idea. Etc. Sorry, we're in a bit of a rush. Something which will be amply demonstrated by the following piece. Here's the line-up for the South African gig:-
- Will be performing their cod reggae as an ironic response to complete lack of actual cod in the world's waters these days.
- Joss Stone - Joss was one of the highlights of Live 8 for us. Mainly because she wore a very nice dress and we, as point out on a regular basis, are very shallow. In stark contrast to the sea levels around the polar icecaps.
- Angelique Kidjo - After the band's Wayne's World inspired success, the lead singer of Ugly Kid Joe used his money to undergo expensive gender reassignment surgery. He's now revealing the new him or, indeed, her to the world.
- Baaba Maal - His dad was a fisherman. Given the aforementioned depletion of the world's fish stocks, it's fortunate that Baaba himself has developed alternative skills. For him, anyway, not necessarily for us.
- Danny K - Not only does he provide a mix of uptempo grooves and massive ballads - it says here - but 2 bowls a day, as part of a healthy diet, will help you achieve a swimsuit ready figure, just in time for the summer.
- The Parlotones - You just know they think that's a really clever name, don't you?
- The Soweto Gospel Choir - Do we really need some biblical nonsense underpinning the event? We mean, what does the bible know about sea levels rising, and massive floods of, umm, biblical proport... oh, never mind.
- Vusi Mahlasela - He's toured with Ladysmith Black Mambazo, who also played with B*Witched. This is worth noting as generally playing Six Degrees of Separation with B*Witched is an exercise in futility.
- Zola - This is just going to run and run, isn't it? Arf.