Wednesday, October 19, 2005
Rachel Stevens' album, Come and Get It, is out this week and, despte it's undoubted brilliance, it seems almost inevitable that it will follow the path laid out by it's singles and blaze it's way towards complete public indifference. With that in mind, we proudly present ten entirely true and in no way made up reasons as to why the public have a tendency to ignore fantastic pop:-
- Convinced that potential partners will be impressed with the sort of music collection that screams out "I hate myself and want to die".
- Ears blocked with a lifetime's worth of wax.
- iPod already full to bursting with the world's largest collection of Oom-pah sing-a-longs.
- Radio locked to Virgin 1215, so unaware of any music which hasn't been Weller approved.
- Pathological hatred of fun, excitement and enjoyment.
- Once read a medical report indicating that experiencing anything higher than 10BPM could cause a dangerous reaction in both the heart and the feet.
- Jealousy of the fact that the dancers actually can.
- Too busy trying to impress the cute girl with interesting hair who works in the record shop by only buying obscure Fall EP's.
- Once listened to album by Korn, believes Pop to be a similar sort of thing.
- They're cunts.