Friday, February 25, 2005
It's Friday! This intro bit was a lot easier to write when we were using song lyrics, you know. Here's what we learnt from this week's Top of the Pops:-
- Embrace, having just released the third single from their latest album, have clearly run out of tracks that contain a tune.
- Natalie Imbruglia is back after an absence of 3 years. Unfortunately she seems to believe that the world hasn't moved on since 2002 and has come back with a mildly diverting slice of indie pop, yet still expects us all to look impressed.
- The stage set-up for The Game's performance of How We Do consisted of a number of Chopper bicycles dotted around the stage, putting us in mind of a low rent Girls Aloud. The song itself, on the other hand, put us in mind of a low rent 50 Cent, and given that 50 Cent himself is just plain low rent, you can imagine how bad it is.
- Having run out of money for botox injections, Kylie is achieving the wrinkle free look in her video for Giving You Up by forcibly pulling her hair follicles back.
- Avril Lavigne has done another song about how rubbish it is being a short, cute, rich, Canadian girl, but this one's in the upbeat Sk8r Boi vein so we'll let her off, even if her performance was of the "I really can't be arsed being here" variety.
- LL Cool J is at number 3 with Hush. We wish he would.
- And the number one spot this week is held by Jennifer Lopezzzzzzzzzzzzz.