<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Talent in a Previous Life

Because It's Never Just About the Music

Friday, July 11, 2003

The Green Fields of Foreverland 

This weekend I will have an excuse to not bother updating TiaPL as I’ll be off enjoying the sights, sounds and schemies at T in the Park. I will not be camping as I have grown fond of the concept of not having everything I own stolen, but will instead be getting a bus back to the safety of Edinburgh each night and will eye everyone with short gelled hair or a Burberry baseball cap with suspicion.

While at the festival I hope to catch The Polyphonic Spree, REM, The Futureheads, the Sugababes and the Inspiral Carpets, fortunately I no longer need to put effort into avoiding Ashely Hamilton as he has pulled out. Which is one in the eye for the organisers who patronisingly believe that due to the ‘unique’ atmosphere at Scottish gigs they can put on more unusual and unexpected acts. Or at least, that’s what they say publicly, What they mean privately is “the audience will be so pissed, we can put on any old rubbish and they’ll still cheer it madly”, which is, annoyingly, true, and can be the only reason The Datsuns are so high up on the bill.