Monday, March 06, 2006
It's Monday! And if you cast your mind back to last year, you may remember that we suggested that Bloke, or a teen girl guitar band of their ilk, should really think about covering The Primitives' Crash as it would be something very ace indeed. Well! Teen girl guitar band Love Bites have done that very thing on the B-Side of latest single, He's Fit and, umm, unfortunately we were wrong and it's a bit rubbish actually, if the truth be told. Boo, hiss, etc. Don't worry, though! The other B-side, Sweets, is as ace as the concept of a teen girl guitar band covering The Primitives' Crash really should be, so it all works out in the end. Somehow. Never mind that, though. Here's what we learnt from this week's Top of the Pops:-
- To celebrate appearing on Top of the Pops to perform Touch the Sky, Kanye West apparently decided to borrow his stage wear from the wardrobe of Bill Cosby.
- He also claimed to be "looking extra fly". This statement is only true if the fly he has in mind is of the 'fishing' variety.
- Orson's No Tomorrow is the sound of people who hate music and want everyone else to hate music too.
- RETRO: Sister Sledge doing Frankie. The last time someone did Frankie, she swiftly released the follow up novelty cash in record, Fuck You Right Back.
- The Feeling are in the top ten with Sewn. Yeah, because the world really does need another Athlete, doesn't it?
- This pop lark must not pay as well as you might think as Shakira, despite being at number 9 with Don't Bother, is still forced to appear on Top of the Pops in a holey t-shirt.
- Though given she's something of a Goddess, it's kinda appropriate.
- According to Fearne Cotton, Graham Coxon, at 20 with Standing on My Own Again, is a legend. We prepare to think of him as a myth, as he's certainly more myth than hit.
- The Pussycat Dolls' Beep would probably be a better song if the beeped out the entirety of the incredibly dull verses instead of just a few random words in the rather catchy chorus.
- Chico is at number one with It's Chico Time. What time is it? Time for the cyanide pills.