Wednesday, January 04, 2006
Of course, the problem with the first week of January is that the music machine hasn't quite swung into action yet, what with most pop stars being far too busy working off the extra pound or two they put on over Christmas to bother releasing any new music or actually, y'know, doing anything. Which is fair enough really, as we all know that anyone fronting a band is automatically rubbish unless their stomach is perfectly flat, but does mean that there's not a lot happening to provide inspiration for a 10 Things... piece, so instead we'd like to draw your attention to the rather fab Sweeping the Nation's Top 20 Albums of 2005 Poll, which they kindly asked us to contribute to and, for anyone interested, here's our list, somewhat handicapped by our inability to remember when albums actually came out:-
- Girls Aloud - Chemistry
- Rachel Stevens - Come and Get It
- Art Brut - Bang Bang Rock and Roll
- Jill Sobule - Underdog Victorious
- Hilary Duff - Most Wanted
- Half Man Half Biscuit - Achtung Bono
- Sugababes - Taller in More Ways
- Ladytron - Witching Hour
- MIA - Arular
- Franz Ferdinand - You Could Have it So Much Better
- Yeah, Girls Aloud for our number one, what a shock, etc. Even had we compiled the list before Chemistry came out it would probably have taken the top slot.
- Like you, we were surprised that Jill Sobule didn't make it into the final Top 20.
- Had we realised that the Annie album came out this year, that would have been at number 2. Sorry, Franz.
- Seriously, the Hilary Duff album is really good, even if the 2005 versions of the Metamorphosis tracks are a bit duff. Arf!