Friday, May 06, 2005
It's Friday! And in news that was about as shocking as poking a fork about inside your toaster during a power cut, Labour achieved a majority in the General Election. But enough about politics, lets get back to the things that really matter in life, such as Fearne Cotton looking rather lovely in a silver dress. Here's what else we learned from tonight's Top of the Pops:-
- Fergie from the Black Eyed Peas is suffering from a painful looking eye infection. Either that or she was trying to be sultry.
- Rooster are still irredeemably shit.
- Jennifer Lopez is asking us to "Hold Me Down", something which should really have happened the minute she suggested going into a recording studio to record this particularly pointless piece of pop.
- Suede are back! Though they're calling themselves The Tears this time around. If it wasn't for Brett's time ravaged, haggard and haunted visage, you could almost believe the last 10 years hadn't happened.
- Gwen Stefani's shit is bananas. B-A-N-A-N-A-S.
- Her bananas, however, are shit. S-H-I-T.
- If Justin's new material is anything like as good as Signs, we'll be very excited indeed.
- We were spared the prospect of a Foo Fighters performance. Hooray for the gift of laryngitis!
- Fucking Tony fucking Christie is fucking still fucking number fucking one. Can someone please let the great British public know that there are other singles available. Cheers.