Friday, April 22, 2005
It's Friday! And as Jeremy Paxman is busy taking
Enoch Powell Michael Howard to task over on BBC One tonight, Top of the Pops has been shunted over to BBC Two for the evening. Surely being on the more intellectual channel will provide us with more food for thought than an ordinary show? Hmmm, let's see what we learnt:-
- It turns out that we were wrong when we reckoned that last week's teaming of Richard Bacon and Margherita Taylor were the worst possible TotP presenters. This week we had Chris Moyles and the hilariously wacky Radio 1 Breakfast Show 'Crew'. Come back Fearne, we miss you.
- With a name like Razorlight you'd expect them to be a bit closer to the cutting edge, really.
- After her 'embarrassment' during the Making your Mind Up contest, Javine has elected to wear a dress that has a slightly better chance of keeping her bosom in check.
- It still gives her good odds on flashing her knickers, though.
- Oasis' new single weighs heavy on the rubbish side of the scales. In related news, Cardinal Ratzinger is suspected by many to be of the Catholic persuasion.
- The Inspiral Carpets are back! OK, they're calling themselves The Caesars and they're not as good as they used to be, but still, it's always nice to see Clint Boon making a few pennies, even if he is looking remarkably young and healthy.
- And Swedish.
- Natalie Imbruglia clearly has nothing better to do on a Friday night than turn up at the Top of the Pops studios to carry out a pointless chat with Chris Moyles.
- Freeloader apparently have so much love to give. It's a shame the same can't be said for their talent.
- They also opened their umbrella's indoors which, as Mystic Meg or Russell Grant will tell you, is bad luck.
- Justin Timberlake spends his free time relaxing in Vegas, paying young girls to knock seven bells out of each other.
- Tony Christie is still number one. It's come to something when you find yourself wishing that Razorlight were at the top spot. At least this time they actually got Tony into the studio to perform it; we'd already seen more than enough of a fat twat arsing around.