Friday, April 01, 2005
It's Friday! And isn't it nice to see that the Pope is clinging on to life just long enough to allow the Sunday papers to prepare their special tribute pull-out sections? Also, the fact he hasn't yet poped (arf!) his clogs means that Friday evening's telly schedules weren't disrupted and Top of the Pops stayed in it's rightful place. Here's what we learnt:-
- Natalie Imbruglia performed Shiver with all the passion and energy of a dead fish, which is quite appropriate really, given that she has the eyes of one.
- The Faders, despite being the acest thing since special toastable bread, only managed to get to number 13 in the charts which is, lets face it, a bit rubbish. But it was hard to get too upset as Molly was not only singing live, but was also wearing a tiara and looking very cute while doing so. Sigh.
- The video for the new Gorillaz song, Feel Good Inc is quite good, shame that the song is a bit shit, but this pretty much sums up the Gorillaz themselves: Good concept, shame about the actual execution.
- Mario is at number 2 with Let Me Love You, which we can only assume is down to people buying it thinking they were getting a cheap game for their Nintendo Game Cube.
- Ciara came straight to the Top of the Pops studio from her stint working at a petrol station and didn't have time to get changed out of her uniform. Her dedication for the gasoline industry has clearly been cutting into her rehearsal time, given her complete inability to mime even half-way convincingly with her new single, 1, 2 Step.
- Ja Rule has taken time out from his main career of ruining other people's songs by turning up two-thirds of the way through and rapping badly by instead rapping badly all over an entire song of his own creation.
- Tony Christie and Peter Kay are still at number one with Amarillo. Can anyone tell us who the girl is in the Wizard of Oz section as we're buggered if we can place her.