<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Talent in a Previous Life

Because It's Never Just About the Music

Wednesday, February 11, 2004

Infernal Organ 

Once again it's time for dangerous invasive surgery to be carried out as we remove the TiaPL Splen from it's resting place inside the body and force it to dispense its pop knowledge in the way that only a lymphoid organ can. Here's the latest question:-

Ooh, boy, do you miss me like a hole in the head?

Scottie


Well, it depends on exactly what hole you mean; if the hole you're talking about is that caused by a bullet, nail or any miscellaneous sharpened object, then no, I wouldn't miss you very much at all. And the metaphorical scarring that would appear after the hole had healed wouldn't exactly put me in a better frame of mind. On the other hand, if the hole you're talking about is that of the nostril, ear, mouth or eye variety, then yes, I'd miss you lots, though I wouldn't be able to articulate my pleas for your return. Something which would be rather academic given that I wouldn't see you to know when to plead, and wouldn't hear any response anyway. Oh, and I'd be dead due to being unable to breathe. The other, final possibility (though not as final as the previous one) is that you're wondering whether I'd miss you as much as I'd miss having one of Courtney Love's old band's songs going around my head. If that's the case then we would miss you a lot, after all Pretty on the Inside is definitely something that an internal organ can relate to.

Thanks again Spleen! If you have a pop-related question for the TiaPL Spleen then either mail us at talentinapreviouslife@hotmail.com or leave it in the comment box below. And remember, your own spleen is unlikely to be able to help you solve your pop conundrums. Why not ask one of your kidneys instead?